Chaya Feuerman, Psychotherapist, LCSW-R
"I don't know how to say 'no'". I'm afraid I will abuse my children like my parents abused me". "My friend committed suicide and I can't stop thinking about it". "My brother raped me when I was nine". "I lost my twins in the third trimester". "I'm terrified of bridges/tunnels/elevators". "I was in a car accident two years ago and I can't even get into an Uber". "My grandfather molested me for years and no-one would listen when I tried to tell them". "My doctor said I needed to have an abortion and my Rabbi agreed but now I feel guilt & shame".
Terrible things happen but the effects don't have to stay terrible. EMDR and IFS are psychotherapy models designed to relieve symptoms of PTSD and the burdens of shameful and terrifying feelings that result from all types of trauma. I am certified in EMDR and IFS and I have 20+ years of experience helping traumatized people.
You will feel comfortable and comforted as we courageously face and embrace your journey together. Take the risk and call me, let's see what happens!
I have offices in Boca Raton, Fl., Brooklyn and Queens. I see adults and children ages 11+
- Gender: Female
- Languages Spoken: English, Yiddish
- Years in Practice: 24 Years
- Average Cost (per session): $225
- Sliding Scale: No
- Accepts Credit Cards: No
- Accepts Insurance: None
- Professional Affiliations: EMDRIA; IFS Institute
Graduate School: Adelphi University
Graduated In: 1996
Graduate School: Touro College
Graduated In: 1994
License: NYS 054588
Licensing Agency: New York State University
- Modalities: Individuals, Families
- Ages: Adolescents, Adults
- Orientation: Psychodynamic, Trauma Processing through EMDR and IFS modalities
- Accept clients via telehealth: Yes
- Child Abuse, Depression, EMDR, Grief/Bereavement, IFS, IFS And EMDR, PTSD/Trauma, Postpartum Adjustment, Relationship Issues, Sexual Abuse, Spiritual/Religious Issues, Women's Issues