Tina Kahn, Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Licensed marriage and Family Therapist
Working to help you build your self-esteem and well-being is one of my goals as a psychotherapist. As a psychotherapist, I deal with healing problems from your childhood that are still with you as an adult. I utilize CBT/DBT skills training as well as EMDR and Guided Imagery to help you to identify patterns which you wish to change and then I work with you to change these patterns.
In my work with couples, I use Sue Johnson's Emotionally Focused Therapy to facilitate a deeper understanding of each other and a more accepting and compassionate regard for your partner. I also use the teachings of John Gottman, Harville Hendrix and Brent Atkinson as a way to teach couples how to enhance their relationship. I emphasize the need for respect, positive regard for your spouse, and accepting bids for attention and connection.
It is a joy to be a facilitator of the process that helps people grow, enjoy life more and bring out the creative and healing part of themselves.
- Gender: Female
- Languages Spoken: Hebrew, Yiddish
- Years in Practice: 35 Years
- Average Cost (per session): $125
- Sliding Scale: Yes
- Accepts Credit Cards: No
- Accepts Insurance: I Will Provide You With A Paid Bill To File With Your Insurance Company.
- Professional Affiliations: "Clinical Member--American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
Degree: M.A. Counseling Psychology, Certified Hypnotherapist
Graduate School: Teacher's College,Columbia University
Graduated In: 1966
Degree: Psychotherapy and Marriage Counseling
Graduate School: American Institute for Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis
Graduated In: 1974
Degree: Certification in Hypnotherapy
Graduate School: New York Society for Ericksonian Psychotherapy and Hypnosis
Graduated In: 1988
License: NYS Licensed Mental Health Counselor 000771, NYS Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist 000348
- Modalities: Individuals, Couples
- Ages: Adult
- Orientation: Schema Therapy,Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy,Psychodynamic Psychotherapy,Guided Imagery and Hypnotherapy
- Accept clients via telehealth: No
- Anxiety Disorders, Bipolar Disorder, Co Dependency, DBT, Depression, General Neuroses, Healing, Holocaust Survivors, Life Transitions, Marital Therapy, Mindfulness And Relaxation, PTSD/Trauma, Pain Management, Personal Growth And Self Discovery, Postpartum Adjustment, Pre-marital Counseling, Prenatal Issues, Relationship Issues, Sexual Difficulties, Sleep Disorders, Social Anxiety, Somatic Experiencing, Stepfamilies, Women's Issues