Rivkah Kaufman, MS.Ed, LMHC
Rivkah Kaufman, Psychotherapist
545 73rd Street
Email: [email protected]
Ever felt overwhelmed by stress? Paralyzed by uncertainty? A loss of direction? Whatever your issues, psychotherapy can help you learn who you are, what you're looking for, and how to push past insecurities and vulnerabilities to reach your full potential. As a psychotherapist, my initial goal is to make you feel comfortable and validated. Everything else we accomplish will follow from this basis. Once treatment begins, I will blend supportive and insight-based psychotherapy with practical perspectives and techniques, using this approach to help you cope with everyday challenges and see how they relate to long-standing behavior patterns.
As a psychotherapist, I draw on experiences in the corporate, academic, and educational sectors, as well as on general life experience, to provide you with insightful, culturally sensitive treatment. Treatment will help you articulate your questions, clarify your confusion, and find a greater sense of purpose and peace of mind.
I treat trauma, abuse, depression, anxiety, dual diagnosis issues, career change, and life transitions, as these affect people at all levels of mental health, from severely mentally ill to very high functioning. I am trilingual Hungarian- and Yiddish-speaking, and also conduct therapy in these languages.
- Gender: Female
- Languages Spoken: English, Yiddish, Hungarian
- Years in Practice: N/A
- Average Cost (per session): $100
- Sliding Scale: Yes
- Accepts Credit Cards: No
- Accepts Insurance: BCBS, Beacon, Cigna, Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield, Fidelis Care, MHN (TriCare), Magnacare, Most out of network benefits, OptumHealth, Oxford, Sliding Scale, United Behavioral Health, United Healthcare
- Professional Affiliations: American Mental Health Counseling Association(AMHCA), New York Mental Health Counseling Association, Metro Chapter (NYMHCA Metro)
Degree: MA, Psychology; MS.Ed, Mental Health Counseling
Graduate School: New School for Social Research (MA), Hunter College (MS.Ed)
Licensing Agency: New York State Education Department Office of the Professions
Online License: http://www.nysed.gov/coms/el001/elscr2?profcd=18&permit=083563&pname=KAUFMAN%20RIVKAH
- Modalities: Individuals, Couples
- Ages: Adolescents, Adults, Geriatric
- Orientation: Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Bowen Family Therapy; Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Accept clients via telehealth: No
- Addictions, Adolescent Issues, Adoption, Aging/Geriatrics, Anger Management, Anxiety Disorders, Bipolar Disorder, Career Planning, Co Dependency, Dbt, Depression, Dissociative Disorders, Domestic Violence, General Neuroses, Grief/Bereavement, Holocaust Survivors, Life Transitions, Logotherapy, Marital Therapy, Military, Mindfulness And Relaxation, OCD, PTSD/Trauma, Personal Growth And Self Discovery, Personality Disorders, Postpartum Adjustment, Psychotic Disorders, Relationship Issues, Sexual Abuse, Social Anxiety, Stepfamilies, Women's Issues